Who is conducting the Citywide Mobility Survey?
What are we collecting?
RSG will need to collect and use certain personal information from you for this survey, including:
- Travel information – for example information about trips you make and changes to your travel behavior due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Demographics – for example race and ethnicity to ensure that the survey sample reflects the population of the survey region.
- Contact information – for example an email address or phone number for the purposes of sending survey reminders and distributing gift cards.
- Computer settings – for example screen size to optimize the survey for your device.
How are we using this data?
RSG and NYC DOT will use your data to:
- Understand how travel patterns and behaviors are changing due to COVID-19.
- Help NYC DOT propose practical transportation investments and prioritize the improvements that best fit New York City's needs.
- Understand day-to-day travel across New York City.
- Contact you about the status of your survey and provide support.
- Contact you to provide an incentive for completion (if applicable).
Additionally, RSG will combine these data with personal data that you have provided as part of previous survey efforts.
Who we share this data with?
RSG will share your data with:
- The New York City Department of Transportation (NYC DOT). NYC DOT may share this data with other New York public agencies, including the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), the New York City Department of City Planning (NYC DCP), and the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYC DOHMH).
- An email automation software provider to issue emails for this survey.
- A gift card vendor to issue survey completion gift cards.
Can you change your mind?
Yes. You may remove your consent or exercise your data rights by submitting a Data Privacy Request through our secure system.
Do Not Sell